1. I don’t have time to work because I study full – time; I’m a Biology a. teacher b. career c. major.
2. I love cats B: _____. a. I do too b. Me neither c. I am too.
3. I want to invite Raul to the party. Great! I really like _______. a. he b. him c. her.
4. I can’t stand reality shows. I hate ______. a. it b. them c. watch.
5. Do you play cards? Yes, but only with my friends. _______ in my family likes to play. a. Everyone b. Nobody c. They.
6. I really enjoy ________ because I love taking care of plants. a. gardening b. hoarding c. growing.
7. When I play soccer, I ______ a lot of water. a. drink b. am going to drink c. will drink.
8. I’m ______ out to party these days. But I’ll go out with you tonight. a. not going b. not c. don’t go.
9. I run 10 miles every weekend. _______. That’s amazing! a. Well b. Not really c. No way!.
10. I had a very high fever last night. _________. That is not good! You should see a doctor. a. I bet b. Are you serious? c. All right.
11. I wear my wedding ________ on my left hand a. loop b. ring c. rim.
12. Homer is my favorite Simpson’s _________. a. character b. portrait c. person.
13. My favorite hobby is knitting. I love making caps, sweaters, _________. a. I guess b. and things like that c. and else.
14. Do you enjoy swimming? Um, ______. Only if the water is warm. a. generally b. sure c. it depends.
15. I was an animal lover when I was a child, I _______ a lot of pets. a. would have b. had c. was having.
16. How many of your friends speak English? _______ them do. a. A lot b. Some c. A lot of.
17. I think I was thirteen, ______ twelve, when I first read The Lord of the Rings. a. no, wait… b. gosh c. I guess….
18. Do you want to go the movies tomorrow? Sure! _______, I just remembered I have a doctor’s appointment. a. You are kidding b. To be honest c. No, wait.
19. Where is your office? It is ______ Mariana de Jesus Ave. a. at b. between c. on.
20. Is there _______ around here? I need some cash. a. an ATM b. a maching c. a P E.
21. My friends have a nice beach house in Tonsupa. Do you want to go? I’m sorry. _______? a. how so b. how far c. where.
22. The gym I go to is five minutes away from my house. Excuse me, it’s _______? a. how far b. how many c. how much.
23. I’m going to fail the math exam. _____ so hard to remember all the topics! a. It is b. They’re c. They are.
24. Excuse me, do you work here? Yes, I do! I’m here a. for give help b. to help c. in helping.
25. Be careful…don’t touch the ______. It is really hot. a. stove b. dresser c. cabinets.
26. Put the dishes in the ______. I’ll wash them later. a. sink b. bathtub c. shower.
27. Do you mind going with me to the store? _______. I need to go, too. a. No problem b. No, not at all c. Sure.
28. Do you mind if I am a little late? There’s a lot of traffic. ________. Take your time! a. Of course I do b. Oh, no. No problem c. Well, I do.
29. You didn’t answer the phone. _______ you sleeping when I called you? a. Were b. We’re c. Was.
30. Was Fernando with you when he fell? No, he was skating ______ himself. a. for b. by c. with.
31. I was walking when it started raining. But I had my ______ with me, so I didn’t get wet. a. kindness b. briefcase c. umbrella.
32. Yesterday, I got into a fight, and a guy punched me. That’s why I have a ________ eye a. blue b. black c. purple.
33. I had seafood for lunch. Really? _________ it was delicious. a. I mean b. I realize c. I bet.
34. Yesterday I broke my girlfriend’s favorite sunglasses. Oh, no! _______ she got really mad at you. a. I bet b. I’m not sure c. Maybe.
35. Mr. Anton is not here right now. Would you like to ________ a message? a. call in b. drop c. leave.
36. Mrs. Cordero doesn’t live here. I think you have the ________ number. a. wrong b. bad c. worse.
37. Do you and your sister look _______? Not at all. We look very different. a. like b. after c. alike.
38. I think ________ got the curliest hair in my family. a. I’m b. he is c. I’ve.
39. I assist doctors and take care of sick people. I am a __________. a. waiter b. nurse c. lawyer.
40. Could you recommend a good ______? I need a new dresser. a. carpenter b. producer c. builder.
41. Does he want this last piece of pizza? ______. a. No, he doesn’t b. I do too c. Ye, he do.
42. Do you like to dance? Yes, I do. I really enjoy _______ reggaetton! a. dancing b. in dance c. to dance.
43. I love ______ the guitar. a. playing b. played c. am playing.
44. Do you want to come to the party? _______ from the office is here. a. All b. Every c. Everybody.
45. _______ I feel run down, I usually stay at home. a. Shouldn’t b. If c. While.
46. Do you like pizza? I love it, but at the moment I _____ to eat more healthy foods. a. am trying b. trying c. will try.
47. I love skiing. It is my favorite sport. _____ I do too! a. How come? b. Really? c. How embarrassing!.
48. Hell, Mrs. Galindo. Can I see Gina? You can’t see the _______ before the wedding. It is bad luck. a. bride b. girl c. groom.
49. My doctor recommends eating five ______ a day. a. foods b. lunches c. meals.
50. Does Gabriela want anything from the supermarket? _______ Let me ask her. a. I’m not sure. b. Really? c. Not at all.
51. Are you older than me? I’m not sure. ________ a. When were you born? b. When you born? c. When did you born?.
52. Did you study French last year? No, I didn’t. I _______ German, a. took b. take c. were taking.
53. My mother wants to invite you to lunch… ________ dinner tomorrow. a. really b. not at all c. I mean.
54. The coffee shop is across the street _______ Banco Guayaquil. a. of b. in c. from.
55. Cotopaxi will be on your left. You can’t ________ it! a. pass b. lose c. miss.
56. Do you want a Smart Phone? It’s not difficult ________. a. to have used b. to use c. for using.
57. You _______ fix your car. It is making a horrible noise. a. should b. would to c. could.
58. How many ________ of laundry do you wash every week? a. inputs b. sets c. loads.
59. Can you help me with my homework? __________. What do you want me to do? a. No, thanks b. Go ahead c. No problem.
60. When my friend told me the address, I was thinking about something else. I _______ listening, actually. a. didn’t b. wasn’t c. was.
61. I was sitting in the park when a bird ________ me. It was very funny, actually! a. was attacking b. attacking c. attacked.
62. Yesterday at work, I fell in front of everybody. Everybody laughed! I was so _______! a. surprised b. mad c. embarrassed.
63. If you don’t sit correctly, you could hurt your a. toes b. back c. front.
64. ________ you father is going to love this book. He loves to read. a. I mean b. I bet c. I mind.
65. On my trip to Paris, I visited the Eiffel Tower. It was so amazing! _________. a. Oh, that’s funny b. I bet c. I guess.
66. My phone _______ was really high last month. I paid 180 dollars! a. connection b. bill c. fact.
67. Does anybody in your family ______ you? No, I’m the only one with blue eyes. a. look like b. seem like c. look at.
68. Who’s the girl _______ to Clark Kent? You don’t know her? That’s Lois Lane a. speaks b. speaking c. spoke.
69. My _______ next year is to eat less junk food and do more exercise. a. up b. out c. off.
70. My tooth hurts a lot. I’m going to make an appointment with my _______. a. nurse b. doctor c. dentist.
71. I have four pets. I guess I am _______. a. a veterinarian b. a big fan c. an animal lover.
72. I really like my _______. It has a nice park a. house b. neighborhood c. garden.
73. I don’t like soccer. I can’t believe it! Everybody I know __________ soccer. a. likes b. like c. liked.
74. I really like Messi. He is really good ________. a. to play soccer b. for play soccer c. at soccer.
75. Monopoly, Scrabble, and Parcheesi are types of ________ a. jigsaw puzzles b. board games c. skills.
76. I hardly ever ______ to other countries, but I really want to visit Italy. a. am traveling b. am going to travel c. travel.
77. There are too many _________ on your birthday cake. You are getting old! a. flames b. candles c. toppings.
78. ________ are the things you wear when you graduate. a. A cap and scarf b. A hat and suit c. A cap and gown.
79. Did you pass your final exam? I did. I answered ________ of the questions correctly a. none b. a few c. most.
80. If you want to get to my house, _______ a left on Pichincha Street. a. walk b. turn c. make.
81. I want _______ to draw, so I need to buy some pencils and stuff. a. to learn b. for learn c. learning.
82. I’m going to climb Chimborazo. I am very excited! Awesome, ________ take a lot of pictures. a. You would b. You need c. Don’t forget to.
83. Where can I find a clean glass to drink water? You can get one from the _______ on the right. a. carpet b. cabinet c. stove.
84. If you want very loud music, you should buy bigger ________. a. cushions b. speakers c. equipment.
85. Could you please wait a few minutes? We have another call. ______ I’ll wait. a. No problem b. I bet c. Actually.
86. When my sister _______ my new sweater, she spilled coffee on it. a. wear b. had worn c. was wearing.
87. I ________ my ankle last weekend. It still hurts a lot. a. sprained b. slipped c. turned.
88. Did you bring the chocolate ice-cream I asked? Sorry, I bought vanilla by _______. a. error b. wrong c. mistake.
89. Sorry I didn’t answer your call. My cell phone is _______: a. hurt b. broken c. sprained.
90. _______ got red hair in your family? a. Who’s b. Who is c. Whose.
91. Do you know the name of the famous ________ who wrote that article in the newspaper about corruption? a. receptionist b. business executive c. journalist.
92. My boss is very busy and needs someone to help him with everything. If you need a job, I can talk to him because he’s looking for ________ a. a neighbor b. an architect c. an assistant.
93. Do you want to go shopping? I don’t think I can. I’m________. a. broke b. rich c. expensive.
94. Are you interested ______ politics? a. at b. wtih c. in.
95. Driving in the rain can be really dangerous. With the water, the road gets very ________. a. careless b. unreliable c. slippery.
96. I think I have the flu, doctor, but I _________ any medicine. a. b. don’t want c. don’t wanting.
97. Christmas is a family _______. a. meeting b. date c. holiday.
98. What do you like to put on your sandwich? I like mayonnaise, cheese and ______. a. ham b. mashed c. candle.
99. Cristina, were you born in Machala? Yes, I ________. a. was b. did c. were.
100. Did you play any instruments when you _____ a kid? a. were being b. was c. were.
101. Is your family going with you to Manta? _______, not all of them. My brother Juan has to work. a. At least b. I mean c. Well.
102. Can you tell me where the tattoo shop is? Sure, it is _______ the corner of Montufar and 10 de Agosto Ave. a. within b. through c. on.
103. The gym I do to is five minutes away from my house. Excuse me, it’s ________? a. how far b. how many c. how much.
104. I want to read “The Hobbit” in English. My friend told me it is a good way________ English. a. for learn b. to learning c. to learn.
105. When you are in another country, it is really important ________ your passport with you at all times. a. for having b. have to c. to have.
106. What were you doing when I called? I _______ home. a. was walking b. was walked c. walked.
107. My mom called _________ I was playing soccer. I didn’t answer. a. if b. yet c. while.
108. I like cooking, but I can’t ________ vegetables. I am afraid of knives. a. cut b. bump c. chop.
109. I love that silver watch. Put it on your ________ to see how it looks. a. elbow b. thumb c. wrist.
110. Hi, Dimitri! I’m in a conference right now. Can I call you _______ in an hour? a. return b. back c. off.
111. I lost my cell phone. Could you call me on my ________ phone? a. traditional b. simple c. regular.
112. I worked hard and got really good grades in college. If I don’t get a good job, I will be very _______. a. relaxed b. sore c. disappointed.
113. Do your friends like to watch tennis? _________. They are big Rafael Nadal fans. a. No, he doesn’t b. Yes, they do c. Yes, they are.
114. I really like to travel. ________. We have a lot in common. a. I can’t too b. I don’t either c. Me too.
115. My girlfriend Alejandra is coming. Do you want to meet _________? a. his b. he c. her.
116. So you want to learn to play the trumpet? Yes, I am looking for ________. a. practice b. lessons c. training.
117. I always ________ when I have a sore throat. a. cough b. am coughing c. will cough.
118. Where _______ these days? I haven’t seen you in so long. a. do you work b. do you working c. are you working.
119. Everyday I wake up at 5:30 am. __________ How come? a. You are kidding! b. Sure. c. Um, kind of.
120. A ________ is a kind of jewelry. a. belt b. necklace c. sock.
121. A: Do you know any good Italian restaurant around here? B: There is one nearby. It has pizzas, pasta, ________. a. more or less b. and elsewhere c. and stuff like that.
122. _________ in my class play an instrument. a. Most of people b. None the people c. Most of the people.
123. When _________ you get your Biology degree? About a year ago. a. did b. do c. were.
124. Hi, Jessica. I’m here waiting for you. I’m almost here. I’m three ______ away. a. stations b. jogs c. blocks.
125. Did you go to the theater last night? Yeah! The _________ was amazing, actually. a. act b. sight c. play.
126. I want to eat shrimp ceviche. Excuse me, ________ of ceviche? a. what kind b. how kind c. what cost.
127. I’m new in town. Can you tell me how to get to the bus terminal? Sure. It’s not hard _______ find. a. to b. of c. for.
128. Your kitchen _________ is not working. I can’t get any water. a. faucet b. stove c. sink.
129. Does your ________ work? I need it to bake some cookies. a. stove b. oven c. kitchen.
130. You were telling me something about your pet _________ those guys interrupted u a. as b. when c. where.
131. I was doing my homework, and I _________ to call you. Sorry! a. am forgetting b. have forgotten c. forgot.
132. I don’t like black and white movies. They are so _________. a. bright b. boring c. bored.
133. What does Maria look like? She is ________. a. fun b. very nice c. tall and thin.
134. Do you see that house across the street? I think there is fire there. On, my gosh! Call the ________. a. firefighters b. water boys c. officers.
135. _________ Juan work in Banco Guayaquil? a. Do b. Does c. What does.
136. Do you like to study? Yes, my favorite ________ is Math. a. major b. activity c. class.
137. What do you guys want to do on the weekend? We want to climb a mountain. Would you like to come with _________? a. it b. we c. us.
138. I need to buy a cake. Do you want to go to the _________ with me? a. bakery b. shopping c. vet.
139. What _______ when you feel bored? a. do you do b. are you doing c. will you do.
140. _______ us travel to Salinas Beach in the holidays. a. Most of b. No c. All.
141. I don’t know how to ride a bike. Really? I’ll teach you. It ________ to learn. a. was hard b. would be easy c. is easy.
142. I’ll cook if you ________ the dishes. a. do b. make c. water.
143. Tell me more about _______. What do you like to do on weekends? a. self b. yourself c. you’re.
144. Daniel’s coffee spilled on the floor, so I ________ mine with him. a. exchange b. shared c. complained.
145. I had a horrible day yesterday. I dropped something heavy on my foot and broke a ________. a. hip b. finger c. toe.
146. Could you ________? I have another call. a. hold on b. hold off c. allow.
147. Do you know the girl ________ the dark blue shirt? Yes, that’s my sister. a. on b. by c. in.
148. I don’t have water in my house. Can you call the _______? a. letter carrier b. plumber c. gardner.
149. If my boss likes my work, I might get ________ and earn more money. a. an improvement b. a promotion c. a degree.
150. No, I don’t have any sisters. In fact, I’m ________. a. an only child b. single c. alone.
151. I don’t like going to the mall. It is too _________. I prefer places with fewer people. a. crowded b. quiet c. boring.
152. What´s your favorite sport? I like to go the gym and ________. a. practice b. study c. work out.
153. ______ your stuff? We leave in 10 minutes. a. Should you pack b. Do you pack c. Are you pack.
154. Only _______ actors have won an Academy Award. a. a few of the b. most c. a few.
155. I think I lived on 10 de Agosto Avenue until 2009. No, you _________. You moved in 2007! a. don’t b. didn’t c. weren’t.
156. Can I drive my car there? No! There is only a walking ________. a. way b. ferry c. path.
157. The new iPhone is 650 dollars. Sorry, it costs ________? a. what kind b. how many c. how much.
158. Your sofa is uncomfortable. You should buy softer _________. a. pillow b. fabrics c. cushions.
159. ________ are you? I think I’m five feet tall. a. How big b. How tall c. What tall.
160. ________ I train everyday, I might run a marathon. a. If b. When c. Maybe.
161. _______ favorite food? a. Are you b. What’s your c. What is you’re.
162. I love bachata; I can listen to it all day. B: _________, but I prefer salsa. a. I am too b. I does c. I can too.
163. Do you like to use Twitter? Of course! I enjoy ________ Twitter to share online articles with my friends. a. use b. in using c. using.
164. Do you want to ________ a dance class? You can go with me. a. join b. get c. go out.
165. Mario is a huge Liga de Loga fan. He _______ to the stadium every Sunday. a. is going b. goes c. does go.
166. Cuenca’s independence is celebrated _____ the 3rd of November a. in b. at c. on.
167. Can you please clean the table? And, put the dirty dishes in the ________...I’m too tired to wash them by hand. a. cabinets b. shower c. diswasher.
168. Could you put this glass of water on my _______? a. cushion b. faucet c. nightstand.
169. I think you didn’t give me the correct number. When I called, a _______ answered. a. regular b. mistake c. stranger.
170. Do you see that guy? He’s my best friend. Which one? The one _______ the spiked hair or the other one? a. in b. by c. with.
171. Who is the guy ______ the guitar? Are you serious? That’s Paul McCartney! a. playing b. to play c. plays.
172. Are you travelling ______ next year? No, I’m staying here in Ecuador. a. abroad b. outdoors c. here.
173. Do you like to have milk with you breakfast? I can’t drink milk. I’m ________. a. vegetarian b. allergic c. sick.
174. Do you go out on Friday nights? ________. I really like to party. a. No, he doesn’t b. No, I don’t c. Yes, I do.
175. Are you ______ baseball? Not really. I prefer other sports. a. good b. into c. well.
176. Can you teach me to knit? I want to learn a new _______. a. skill b. game c. interest.
177. The weather ________ for tomorrow is rain. Get your umbrellas ready! a. alarm b. predictions c. instruction.
178. ________ me, Ma’am. Can you help me find Diego de Almagro Ave.? a. Excuse b. Bless c. Sorry.
179. I _______ at my phone when I crashed my parent’s car. I don’t know what to do now. a. have been looking b. was looking c. am looking.
180. When I to the gym, I enjoy ________ weights. a. carrying b. raising c. lifting.
181. _______ do for fun? a. Do you b. Are you c. What do your friends.
182. Where do you work? _________. a. I have a part-time job. b. Well, I work in Quito c. Yes, I do.
183. All you do is play video games. You need to get a job and stop being so ________! a. amazing b. good with your hands c. lazy.
184. Hey, Paul, do you want to go out for lunch with me? Hi, Vanessa! Sorry but I can’t right now. I _______ a lot of work during the middle of the day. a. am always having b. always have c. should always have.
185. What are you doing after graduation? I want to get a _______ in History. a. title b. degree c. class.
186. I love your vacation home. It was a wonderful ________ of the ocean. a. look b. view c. landscape.
187. I’m going to France next month. What _______ I buy for your? a. should b. have to c. need to.
188. Why is your backpack a lot ______ than mine? Because I have all my books in there. a. heavier b. wider c. stranger.
189. _______ your girlfriend look like? a. How does b. How is c. What does.
190. I live __________. It’s only a few minutes walking a. here b. nearby c. far away.
191. I work on weekends, so I don’t have a lot of ________. a. responsibilities b. free time c. homework.
192. What are you doing? I am planning a huge surprise birthday party I __________ for John! a. should throw b. throw c. am going to throw.
193. My father never answers the phone. You should send _________ an e-mail, then. a. her b. him c. his.
194. Today I am visiting the _________. I really want to see the Virgen del Panecillo. a. sights b. views c. landscapes.
195. What ________ I do to help you? Well, you can make dessert. a. can’t b. would c. can.
196. _______ you recommend a movie? Sure! You should watch “Back to the Future” a. Can b. Are c. Will.
197. Are there any good theaters around here? There is _______ nearby. It is called Cinemark. a. some b. any c. one.
198. I’m traveling to Tena tomorrow. ________ insect repellent. There are so many mosquitos there! a. You’ll take b. Take c. Take to.
199. I need to take a bath, but there is no _______. a. soap b. paste c. jam.
200. Can you buy me a _______? I need to cut some newspaper articles. a. pair of scissors b. pack of scissors c. set of scissors.
201. Are these your sister’s high heels? Those are not _______, they are mine. a. hers b. her c. she’s.
202. How old are your kids? Eight and twelve years old. How old are _______? a. your b. your’s c. yours.
203. I’m so tired of ________ my bed every morning. a. changing b. making c. doing.
204. Well, I’m going outside to skateboard. Oh, that is dangerous. Don’t hurt ________. a. yourself b. yourselfes c. you.
205. You should buy a car. It is more convenient. I don’t think so. Taking the bus is _________. a. more cheap b. cheaper than c. cheaper.
206. I need to spend _______ time playing video games and more time studying. a. less b. few c. fewer.
207. Do you like guys who have long hair? Yes, but only if the wear it in a _________. a. ponytail b. tail c. curly.
208. I have black hair, but I prefer to wear it blond, so I _______ my hair every month. a. paint b. bleach c. spike.
209. A new computer _______ be cheap, so I need to save some money. a. maybe b. may c. won’t.
210. What are you doing to study after you _________? a. graduate b. are going to graduate c. will graduate.
211. Does Pablo _______ to the movie theater with you a lot? a. comes b. came c. come.
212. I need to buy some snacks. Do you want to go to the _______ with me? a. restaurant b. shopping c. store.
213. A: When are you going to the movies? B: Right now, __________, because the movie starts in 15 minutes! a. maybe b. hope c. actually.
214. A: Do you exercise a lot? B: Yes, I like to go the gym and ________. a. work out b. study c. practice.
215. A: Do you like surfing? B: _________, I prefer swimming. a. I do, too b. Me neither c. Not really.
216. A: I had a horrible dream last night. B: Oh, you mean a ________. a. scary b. nightmare c. sleepwalker.
217. You are invited tomorrow. We _________ Mexican food and drinks! It will be fun! a. might prepare b. were preparing c. are preparing.
218. I hate working as a waiter. I think I’m going to _________. a. quit b. stop c. drop.
219. I’m looking for shoe stores. _______ any around? a. Are there b. There’s c. Is there.
220. A: I need to buy a camera, but I don’t have much money. B: If you a used one, you can get a good ________. a. relative b. bargain c. reservation.
221. A: If you go to Greece, you need to take a phrasebook. B: _________, but I already speak Greek. a. It depends b. That’s a bad idea c. I guess I could.
222. A: Can you share your sandwich with me? I’m very hungry and forgot my food. B: You have to ask Benjamin because it is _________. a. him b. he’s c. his.
223. I was chopping some onions when I cut _________. a. my b. myself c. me.
224. A: Should I buy a car or a new refrigerator? B: I think a car is _________ right now. a. more important than b. important than c. more important.
225. Hi, mom! Sorry, but I can’t talk right now. I’m very _________. a. useful b. busy c. difficult.
226. Can you hold for ________ a minute? Someone else is calling me. a. something b. just c. rather.
227. My brother and I are ________. That’s why we look exactly alike! a. twisted b. replicas c. twins.
228. A: Have you ever traveled to the capital of England? _________ B: You mean London? a. What do you call it? b. What were you saying? c. What was her name?.
229. Do you think _______ a famous singer someday? a. she’d been b. she’ll be c. she’d be.
230. Can you do me a favor? I need you to help me carry these chairs. B: _______. a. Right b. All right c. I bet.
231. A: What is your _______? B: Everyone calls me Pepito. a. short name b. middle name c. nickname.
232. A: Your sofa looks very comfortable. B: _________, it is a little hard. a. Really b. Actually c. I guess.
233. Pedro would like to learn Russian. He really likes _________. a. to languages b. languages c. speak languages.
234. Are you into videogames? No, I actually prefer __________. a. working out b. at exercise c. to working out.
235. Do you like the house? I love it! Can you show _________ the pool area? a. I b. my c. me.
236. Hi, Esteban. Did you bring all the ingredients? I think so, I _________ bread, cheese, and ham. Is that everything. a. was bringing b. brought c. bring.
237. I’m lost. Could you _________ me find Centenario Park? a. helped b. help c. to help.
238. Teacher, how is my chemistry exam? Great! _________ no mistakes. a. There’s b. There are c. There’s.
239. My head hurts. I need to find a _________ and get some aspirin. a. medicinal b. drugstore c. boutique.
240. _________ easy to drive around Quito? No, not really. a. Is it b. Be it c. Is there.
241. You look at a lot taller when you wear _________. a. high shoes b. high heels c. sandals.
242. The weather is really hot in Brazil. Take _________ clothes. a. soft b. light c. warm.
243. I liked the first apartment we visited. _________ did you like? a. Whose one b. What c. Which one.
244. Whose is this calculator? I guess _________ Pablo’s. It has his name on ti. a. its b. it’s c. it.
245. You should put a nice _________ on the living room under your coffee table. a. mirror b. rug c. stove.
246. You have to turn off your cell phone during class. The teacher gets mad if it _________. a. rings b. raps c. knocks.
247. I hurt my _________ playing tennis. Now I can’t bend my arm. a. cushion b. elbow c. ankle.
248. She’s in better shape than me. I exercise a lot _________ than she does. a. lesser b. fewer c. less.
249. I find novels _________ movies a. interesting than b. more interesting than c. more interesting.
250. If you move to Guayaquil, do you promise we will keep in _________. a. cushion b. touch c. equipment.
251. I want to start wearing earrings. Really? How? You don’t have _________! a. pierced ears b. piercings c. spiked ears.
252. I can’t read the words on the TV. You might need to get some _________. a. mirrors b. glass c. glasses.
253. What are you going to do on Spring Break? I don’t know yet. _________ I will go to Loja. a. Maybe b. Might c. May.
254. Do you live with your bother? No, I don’t. He ___________. a. lives alone b. live with his wife c. lives with me.
255. What is your favorite outdoor activity? I really like _______. a. to ski b. in mounta in climbing c. camp.
256. My car is not working. Can you ________ it? a. work b. fix c. solve.
257. Were you a good student when you were young? Well, actually, I was a great student. I _______ good grades. a. was getting b. have got c. got.
258. Wait for me. I need to go to the _______ and wash my hands. a. restroom b. showroom c. laundry room.
259. You don't have a ticket yet? It is very important to ___ it early! a. getting b. get c. got.
260. I _________ when I saw an insect in my food. It was disgusting! a. were eating b. am eating c. was eating.
261. When I go to the gym, I enjoy ________ weights. a. carrying b. raising c. lifting.
262. My best friend Raul has a great job and _______ a really high salary. a. wins b. earns c. pays.
263. I'm selling some Poodle puppies. Do you want to see _____? a. it b. them c. they.
264. I'm going to wear a superhero _________ to your Halloween party! a. grown b. costume c. suit.
265. If you don’t have a _______ in your bathroom, how do you put on your makeup in the morning? a. sink b. glass c. mirror.
266. Does you mother have blond hair? Actually, no _______ light brown hair. a. She gets b. She’s got c. She is got.
267. Do you like to knit a lot? Yes, I am actually making a _______ for my daughter. a. jewel b. sweater c. cake.
268. How tall is your dad? ______ six foot three a. He’s got b. He’s c. Has.
269. ______ Pamela do in Cuenca? She studies here. a. Where does b. Does c. What does.
270. Do you like shellfish? ________ shellfish because I'm allergic a. I’m not eating b. I don’t eat c. I will not be eating.
271. I can’t check my e-mail. I think we have a bad _________. a. communication b. wire c. connection.
272. You are too lazy. I ________ think you should exercise a little. a. anyway b. currently c. really.
273. I need to leave right now! I have a doctor’s ________ in half an hour, a. appointment b. activity c. reunion.
274. A: How old is David? B: He _________ 25 next Tuesday, actually! a. is a. is going to be b. is being c. is.
275. A: What’s your favorite subject in school? B: ________, I think. I love singing. a. Choir b. Orchestra c. Track.
276. Before you go to Thailand, you need to ________ some money. People don’t use U.S. dollars there. a. charge b. interact c. change.
277. ________ sports equipment is this? a. Whose b. Who’s c. How’s.
278. ________ your father is going to love this book about James Bond because he loves to read spy novels. a. I bet b. I mean c. I mind.
279. My sister spends a lot of money in restaurants, but I spend ________ than her, actually a. more important than b. more c. higher.
280 A: Sorry, mom, I’m really busy. B: Oh, well, I was _________ calling to ask you to bring some bread. a. just b. also c. so.
281. A: What are you going to study after high school? B: Well, I like working with computers, so I think I’ll be a computer _________. a. asistent b. specialist c. diver.
282. A: Why is it so _________ around here? B: That’s because there is a karaoke bar nearby. a. music b. noisy c. singing.
283. A: Do you work here? B: Yes, I do. I work in the Financial Department _________. a. I mean b. actually c. if I can.
284. A: Wow, you have a lot of pictures! B: Yes, I ________ like photography! a. just b. actually c. really.
285. Mary told me you are sick. How ________? a. are feeling b. you feel c. are you feeling.
286. A: How do you wake up so early in the morning? B: I use ________. a. an alarm clock b. a ringing clock c. a beeper.
287. _________ the movie starting at 8:00 or at 8:30? a. Does b. When does c. Is.
288. Everybody ________ me because I can’t play soccer well. a. crowds b. fails c. teases.
289. Travelling can be very dangerous. Take a ________ in case you get sick or hurt. a. first-aid kit b. tie c. tent.
290. I hurt my _________ playing tennis. Now I can’t bend my arm. a. cushion b. elbow c. ankle.
291. We should rent this apartment. It is cleaner ________ the other one. a. to b. that c. than.
292. Sorry for interrupting you. What a. what were you are saying? b. are you ready? c. is this it?.
293. A: He has a lot of money and a very big house. B: _________ he’s rich. a. Actually b. You mean c. You guess.
294. If I _________ him, I’ll call him again. a. like b. I’m liking c. I’ll.
295. I really need to see you. Do you want to _______ tomorrow? a. split up b. call back c. get together.
296. The doctor told me to ________ a pill to help me with my headache. a. take b. drink c. have.
297. A: Did you know it is Carla’s and Juan’s anniversary next month? B: Really? Let’s send _________ a card! a. they b. their c. them.
298. A: Are you old enough to drive? B: Of course! I ________ in 1994. a. am born b. was born c. born.
299. I am learning Chinese because it is very ________ nowadays. a. actual b. useful c. unusual.
300. A: What’s your favorite subject? B: _______ many I enjoy, like math, physics, and chemistry. a. There’re b. There are c. There isn’t.
301. A: I am going to swim in the pool, mom. B: Ok, Gerardo. Don’t forget to wear ________. a. a flashlight b. toothpaste c. sunscreen.
302. A: You could borrow my tent for your camping trip. B: _________! Thank you so much! a. That’s a great idea b. Actually c. I bet.
303. A motorcycle is ________ than a car. a. less fast b. more fast c. faster.
304. A: What’s your son like? B: Well, people say he takes _________ me. a. like b. after c. alike.
305. If I win the tournament, I _________ a one-thousand dollar prize. a. got b. will get c. was getting.
306. A: Do you practice soccer daily? B: Right now, I’m really sick, so _________ at all. a. I’m practicing b. I don’t practice c. I’m not practicing.
307. I take sleeping pills when I have ________ sleeping. a. trouble b. snore c. problem.
308. A: What is your favorite ________? B: I like chemistry the most. a. study b. grade c. subject.
309. A: I want to cook tonight. B: Ok! But you ________ be careful with the knife. a. would b. need to c. take to.
310. If you are traveling to France, you should buy a French phrasebook. It is ________ to speak to people if you have one. a. easier than b. easier c. easy than.
311. A: Are you going to fix your teeth? B: Yes, I think I’m getting _________ next week. a. braces b. mustache c. fingernails.
312. A: What are you going to do next year? B: We’re not sure. We _________ travel to India. a. are b. will c. might.
313. A: Do you have a __________ job? B: Yes, I work form 9 till 5. a. full-time b. part-time c. any.
314. I have a ________. Do you know any dentists around here? a. tooth pain b. toothache c. sore in my tooth.
315. A: Welcome back Mr. and Mrs. Intriago! How can I help you? B: Hi! Can you give _________ information about the tour? a. us b. our c. they.
316. I’m from Canada but I live here in Ecuador. I came to Loja five years ________. a. old b. ago c. before.
317. _________ a way to get to Portoviejo from here? a. Am I b. What does c. Is there.
318. My brother lives in a small ________. He doesn’t like the noise of big cities. a. hike b. castles c. village.
319. I think that guy lifts weights. He’s very _________. a. muscles a. muscles c. strenuous.