220. A: I need to buy a camera, but I don’t have much money. B: If you a used one, you can get a good ________. a. relative b. bargain c. reservation.
221. A: If you go to Greece, you need to take a phrasebook. B: _________, but I already speak Greek. a. It depends b. That’s a bad idea c. I guess I could.
222. A: Can you share your sandwich with me? I’m very hungry and forgot my food. B: You have to ask Benjamin because it is _________. a. him b. he’s c. his.
223. I was chopping some onions when I cut _________. a. my b. myself c. me.
224. A: Should I buy a car or a new refrigerator? B: I think a car is _________ right now. a. more important than b. important than c. more important.
225. Hi, mom! Sorry, but I can’t talk right now. I’m very _________. a. useful
b. busy c. difficult.
226. Can you hold for ________ a minute? Someone else is calling me. a. something
b. just c. rather.
227. My brother and I are ________. That’s why we look exactly alike! a. twisted b. replicas c. twins.
8. A: Have you ever traveled to the capital of England? _________ B: You mean London? a. What do you call it? b. What were you saying? c. What was her name?.
229. Do you think _______ a famous singer someday? a. she’d been b. she’ll be c. she’d be.
230. Can you do me a favor? I need you to help me carry these chairs. B: _______. a. Right b. All right c. I bet.
231. A: What is your _______? B: Everyone calls me Pepito. a. short name b. middle name c. nickname.
232. A: Your sofa looks very comfortable. B: _________, it is a little hard. a. Really
b. Actually c. I guess.
233. Pedro would like to learn Russian. He really likes _________. a. to languages
b. languages c. speak languages.
234. Are you into videogames? No, I actually prefer __________. a. working out b. at exercise c. to working out.
235. Do you like the house? I love it! Can you show _________ the pool area? a. I
b. my c. me.
236. Hi, Esteban. Did you bring all the ingredients? I think so, I _________ bread, cheese, and ham. Is that everything. a. was bringing
b. brought c. bring.
237. I’m lost. Could you _________ me find Centenario Park? a. helped
b. help c. to help.
238. Teacher, how is my chemistry exam? Great! _________ no mistakes. a. There’s
b. There are c. There’s.
239. My head hurts. I need to find a _________ and get some aspirin. a. medicinal
b. drugstore c. boutique.
240. _________ easy to drive around Quito? No, not really. a. Is it
b. Be it
c. Is there.
241. You look at a lot taller when you wear _________. a. high shoes b. high heels c. sandals.
242. The weather is really hot in Brazil. Take _________ clothes. a. soft
b. light c. warm.
243. I liked the first apartment we visited. _________ did you like? a. Whose one b. What c. Which one.
244. Whose is this calculator? I guess _________ Pablo’s. It has his name on ti. a. its
b. it’s c. it.
245. You should put a nice _________ on the living room under your coffee table. a. mirror
b. rug c. stove.
246. You have to turn off your cell phone during class. The teacher gets mad if it _________. a. rings b. raps c. knocks.
247. I hurt my _________ playing tennis. Now I can’t bend my arm. a. cushion
b. elbow c. ankle.
248. She’s in better shape than me. I exercise a lot _________ than she does. a. lesser
b. fewer c. less.
249. I find novels _________ movies
a. interesting than b. more interesting than c. more interesting.
250. If you move to Guayaquil, do you promise we will keep in _________. a. cushion
b. touch c. equipment.
251. I want to start wearing earrings. Really? How? You don’t have _________! a. pierced ears b. piercings c. spiked ears.
252. I can’t read the words on the TV. You might need to get some _________. a. mirrors
b. glass c. glasses.
253. What are you going to do on Spring Break? I don’t know yet. _________ I will go to Loja. a. Maybe b. Might
254. Do you live with your bother? No, I don’t. He ___________. a. lives alone b. live with his wife c. lives with me.
255. What is your favorite outdoor activity? I really like a. to ski
b. in mounta in climbing c. camp.
256. My car is not working. Can you ________ it? a. work b. fix c. solve.
257. Were you a good student when you were young? Well, actually, I was a great student. I _______ good grades. a. was getting b. have got c. got.
258. Wait for me. I need to go to the _______ and wash my hands. a. restroom b. showroom c. laundry room.
259. You don't have a ticket yet? It is very important to ___ it early! a. getting b. get c. got.
260. I _________ when I saw an insect in my food. It was disgusting! a. were eating b. am eating c. was eating.
261. When I go to the gym, I enjoy ________ weights. a. carrying
b. raising c. lifting.
262. My best friend Raul has a great job and _______ a really high salary. a. wins b. earns c. pays.
263. I'm selling some Poodle puppies. Do you want to see _____? a. it b. them c. they.
264. I'm going to wear a superhero _________ to your Halloween party! a. grown b. costume c. suit.
265. If you don’t have a _______ in your bathroom, how do you put on your makeup in the morning? a. sink b. glass c. mirror.
266. Does you mother have blond hair? Actually, no _______ light brown hair. a. She gets
b. She’s got c. She is got.
267. Do you like to knit a lot? Yes, I am actually making a _______ for my daughter.c a. jewel b. sweater c. cake.
268. How tall is your dad? ______ six foot three a. He’s got
b. He’s c. Has.
269. ______ Pamela do in Cuenca? She studies here. a. Where does b. Does c. What does.
270. Do you like shellfish? ________ shellfish because I'm allergic a. I’m not eating b. I don’t eat c. I will not be eating.
271. I can’t check my e-mail. I think we have a bad _________. a. communication b. wire c. connection.
272. You are too lazy. I ________ think you should exercise a little. a. anyway
b. currently c. really.
273. I need to leave right now! I have a doctor’s ________ in half an hour, a. appointment b. activity
274. A: How old is David? B: He _________ 25 next Tuesday, actually! a. is going to be b. is being c. is.
275. A: What’s your favorite subject in school? B: ________, I think. I love singing. a. Choir b. Orchestra c. Track.
276. Before you go to Thailand, you need to ________ some money. People don’t use U.S. dollars there. a. charge b. interact c. change.
277. ________ sports equipment is this? a. Whose b. Who’s c. How’s.
278. ________ your father is going to love this book about James Bond because he loves to read spy novels. a. I bet b. I mean c. I mind.
279. My sister spends a lot of money in restaurants, but I spend ________ than her, actually.
a. more important than b. more
280 A: Sorry, mom, I’m really busy. B: Oh, well, I was _________ calling to ask you to bring some bread. a. just b. also c. so.
281. A: What are you going to study after high school? B: Well, I like working with computers, so I think I’ll be a computer _________. a. asistent
b. specialist c. diver.
282. A: Why is it so _________ around here? B: That’s because there is a karaoke bar nearby. a. music b. noisy c. singing.
283. A: Do you work here? B: Yes, I do. I work in the Financial Department _________. a. I mean
b. actually c. if I can.
284. A: Wow, you have a lot of pictures! B: Yes, I ________ like photography! a. just
b. actually c. really.
285. Mary told me you are sick. How ________? a. are feeling
b. you feel c. are you feeling.
286. A: How do you wake up so early in the morning? B: I use ________. a. an alarm clock b. a ringing clock c. a beeper.
287. _________ the movie starting at 8:00 or at 8:30? a. Does b. When does c. Is.
288. Everybody ________ me because I can’t play soccer well. a. crowds b. fails c. teases.
289. Travelling can be very dangerous. Take a ________ in case you get sick or hurt. a. first-aid kit b. tie c. tent.
290. I hurt my _________ playing tennis. Now I can’t bend my arm. a. cushion
b. elbow c. ankle.
291. We should rent this apartment. It is cleaner ________ the other one. a. to
b. that c. than.
292. Sorry for interrupting you. What _________. a. what were you are saying? b. are you ready? c. is this it?.
293. A: He has a lot of money and a very big house. B: _________ he’s rich. a. Actually b. You mean c. You guess.
294. If I _________ him, I’ll call him again. a. like
b. I’m liking
295. I really need to see you. Do you want to _______ tomorrow? a. split up b. call back c. get together.
296. The doctor told me to ________ a pill to help me with my headache. a. take b. drink c. have.
97. A: Did you know it is Carla’s and Juan’s anniversary next month? B: Really? Let’s send _________ a card! a. they b. their c. them.
298. A: Are you old enough to drive? B: Of course! I ________ in 1994. a. am born b. was born c. born.
299. I am learning Chinese because it is very ________ nowadays. a. actual b. useful c. unusual.
300. A: What’s your favorite subject? B: _______ many I enjoy, like math, physics, and chemistry. a. There’re b. There are c. There isn’t.
301. A: I am going to swim in the pool, mom. B: Ok, Gerardo. Don’t forget to wear ________. a. a flashlight b. toothpaste c. sunscreen.
302. A: You could borrow my tent for your camping trip. B: _________! Thank you so much! a. That’s a great idea b. Actually c. I bet.
303. A motorcycle is ________ than a car. a. less fast
b. more fast c. faster.
304. A: What’s your son like? B: Well, people say he takes _________ me. a. like
b. after c. alike.
305. If I win the tournament, I _________ a one-thousand dollar prize. a. got
b. will get c. was getting.
306. A: Do you practice soccer daily? B: Right now, I’m really sick, so _________ at all. a. I’m practicing b. I don’t practice c. I’m not practicing.
307. I take sleeping pills when I have ________ sleeping. a. trouble
b. snore c. problem.
308. A: What is your favorite ________? B: I like chemistry the most. a. study b. grade c. subject.
309. A: I want to cook tonight. B: Ok! But you ________ be careful with the knife. a. would b. need to c. take to.
310. If you are traveling to France, you should buy a French phrasebook. It is ________ to speak to people if you have one. a. easier than
b. easier c. easy than.
311. A: Are you going to fix your teeth? B: Yes, I think I’m getting _________ next week. a. braces b. mustache c. fingernails.
312. A: What are you going to do next year? B: We’re not sure. We _________ travel to India. a. are
b. will c. might.
313. A: Do you have a __________ job? B: Yes, I work form 9 till 5. a. full-time b. part-time c. any.
314. I have a ________. Do you know any dentists around here? a. tooth pain
b. toothache c. sore in my tooth.
315. A: Welcome back Mr. and Mrs. Intriago! How can I help you? B: Hi! Can you give _________ information about the tour? a. us b. our c. they.
316. I’m from Canada but I live here in Ecuador. I came to Loja five years a. old b. ago c. before.
317. _________ a way to get to Portoviejo from here? a. Am I
b. What does c. Is there.
318. My brother lives in a small ________. He doesn’t like the noise of big cities. a. hike b. castles c. village.
319. I think that guy lifts weights. He’s very _________. a. muscles b. muscular c. strenuous.