1. Why do you still have that ugly old radio? You never use it, and it is
_________ space. a. holding b. storing c. taking up.
2. Apple is the company _________ makes the iPhone and the iPod. a. which b. who c. like.
3. I have to be careful with the money ________ I earn. I want to save
enough for a car. a. that b. what c. who.
4. Can you ________ the TV? It is very late. a. turn off it b. turn off c. turn it off .
5. This printer is not working anymore. __________. a. Throw away it b. Throw it away c. Throw away.
6. A good action movie has a lot of fight _________. a. scenes b. scenery c. schemes.
7. Did you hear how well Johanna sings? Yes! She _________ a lot a. must be practice b. must to practice c. must be practicing.
8. In 2010, the Nobel Prize in Literature was ________ to Vargas Llosa. a. awards b. awarded c. awarding .
9. Hi, Francisco. I am going to be late to the meeting. My flight was
________. Don’t worry, Claudia. We will wait for you. a. severed b. destroyed c. delayed.
10. Do you want to go to the beach this weekend? I do. ________, my car is
not working. a. I see b. The only thing is c. The best thing is.
11. You should try to find a job that a has a better salary. _________, I really
like my current job. a. The thing is b. That would be awesome c. At least.
12. Wow, Dante! You a _________ talented violinist!
a. pretty b. absolute
13. You are ________ good at tennis, Stephane. Can you teach me?
a. so b. absolute c. fair.
14. The spaghetti is horrible. __________? Never. This is my first time.
a. Have you ever cooked before b. Were you cooking c. Did you cook.
15. Do you like the Beatles? Actually, _________ 60’s bands. a. I haven’t never liked b. I did never liked c. I’ve never liked.
16. My son is really smart. He won a science _________ in school last year.
a. course b. contest c. race.
17. Have I told you about my trip to France? Yes, you’ve told me about it
b. severe c. twice.
18. Where do you want to go for your birthday? I want to go to the ________
expensive restaurant in Quito!
a. the best
b. the most c. the more.
19. I can’t get __________. I think it Is broken! a. my car to work b. to work my car c. my car work.
20. My father _________ work for IBM. Now he is retired. a. would have b. used to c. would.
21. I like staying at home a lot more than going out. I guess I am a _________. a. couch potato b. daydreamer c. homebody.
22. I failed my exam. That is because you didn’t study ________.
a. enough b. too much c. fewer.
23. What is your favorite kind of seafood? I love ________. a. cabbage b. shrimp c. lamb.
24. I don’t like lemons. They are too _______. a. prickly b. sally c. sour.
25. Can you help me with my chores? Sorry, I can’t. I’ve ________ finish my
a. get b. got to c. getting.
26. I have eaten very _________ chocolate lately. I’m on a diet. a. few b. little c. least.
27. I’m really busy right now. Can we get together some other day? No
problem. ___________. a. Do you mind? b. I bet c. I’ll catch you later.
28. I have a meeting in 10 minutes. ____________. a. It sure does
b. I’d better go c. Where were we?.
29. Where are you going, Monica? To Mariah’s house. She wants to show me
the clothes ________ she bought.
b. that c. who.
30. What ________ you do if you won the lottery? I would travel around the
a. could b. should c. would.
31. If she _________ more, she’d do better in school.
a. studies b. studied c. study.
32. Can I borrow your car this weekend? Sorry. My sister already asked
a. upon b. to c. for.
33. My favorite country is France. Paris is so beautiful. _________. Rome is
also great, though.
a. That’s true b. Do you mind c. Either way is fine.
34. I am afraid of airplanes. _________ on an airplane once in my life. a. I’m only to fly b. I’ve only been flying c. I’ve only flown.
35. ________ your school project yet? No, man. I haven’t really done much.
a. Have you been finishing b. Have you finished c. Were you finishing.
36. Chimborazo is the highest mountain in Ecuador. It is 6,268 ________.
a. high b. metes high c. high in meters.
37. We eat _______ junk food in my house. We like to stay healthy. a. many b. very little c. very few.
38. Can you help me with this crossword puzzle? I’m not very good at
crossword puzzles, but I’ll ________ my best. a. do b. prove c. run.
39. What are you going to do with the phone ________ you broke? I’m going
to throw it away. a. at b. that c. who.
40. You broke my MP3 player, so you have to pay _________ the repairs. a. to b. in c. for.