|1. We ___________ to a photo exhibition last Saturday. (go) went goed wented going.
2. I ____________________ art at university next year. (study) am going study/'m going to study going to study/ going to study am going to study/'m going to study am going to studys/'m going to studys.
3. I've ____________________ politics with my brother. (never discuss) have not never discussed never discussed ever discussed never haven’t discussed.
4. He ____________________ in public now. (talk) is talking/'s talking is talks/'s talks talking/talking are talking/ ‘re talking.
5. They think the new technology _________________ people's lives in the future. (change) will change will changed will changes will changes.
6. ………………..….... for your local football team? Yes, I did. You did play Did you play Did you played Does you played.
7. Direction: Match the parts of the sentences. 1d,2e,3a,4c,5b 1e,2d,3,c,4b,5a 1a,2b,3c,4d,5d 1b,2c,3a,4d,5e.
8. Direction: Match the parts of the sentences. (5 marks) 1e,2a,3c,4b,5d 1a,2e,3d,4b,5c, 1b,2c,3d,4a,5e 1c,2e,3a,4b,5c.
9. She _____ when the earthquake happened. were cooking had cooked cooked was cooking.
10. I _____ to the lightning last night. woke up had woken up was waking up wake up.
11. The flood _____ many homes when help arrived at the village. destroyed was destroying had destroyed had destroying.
12. I ___________________ (just / finish) work when my mobile __________ (ring). had finished – ring had just finished – rang finished – rang just had finished – rang .
13. When I_________ (get) to his flat, I had such a surprise. He had __________ (organize) a surprise birthday party for me! had got – organized get - had organized got - had organized had gotten – organize.
14. I think that is______________ (absolutely / very) delicious. absolutely very.
15. I sometimes feel___________ (quite / absolutely) tired after I’ve worked. quite absolutely.
16. It’s ________ (very / totally) fascinating – I could look at it for hours. very totally.
17. Direction: Match the parts of the sentences. 1a,2b,3d,4c,5e 1e,2a,3b,4c,5d 1c,2b,3e,4d,5a 1b,2a,3c,4d,5e.
18. Direction: Match disasters 1-7 to the definition a-g. 1f,2d,3c,4g,5e,6a,7b 1a,2c,3b,4d,5e,6f,7g 1e,2a,3c,4b,5d,6g,7f 1g,2c,3b,4d,5e,6f,7a.
19. The concert........................... at half past seven. will starts starts is going to starts be going to starts.
20. They. ............................. bridges because they're too angry. aren't going to building won't to build aren't going to build won’t builds.
21. Direction: Match the parts of the sentences. 1e,2a,3b,4d,5c 1a,2b,3c,4e,5d 1d,2b,3a,4c,5e 1c,2a,3b,4d,5e.
22. Direction: Complete the sentences with the correct word(s). 1e,2c,3d,4b,5a 1a,2e,3b,4c,5d 1d,2e,3a,4b,5c 1c,2b,3d,4a,5e.
23. Direction: Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verb. 1b,2e,3a,4d,5c 1a,2b,3d,4c,5e 1c,2c,3a,4d,5b 1d,2a,3e,4c,5b.
24. Can you help us with our homework? They asked me to help them with their homework. They asked me to help us with our homework. They ask me to help them with their homework.
25. Go to Mamma Mia to get the best Italian food. They told us go to Mamma Mia to get the best Italian food. They told us to get the best Italian food. They told us where to go to get the best Italian food. .
26. Please come home early. He told her come home early. He asked her to come home early. He asked her when to come home.