|1) Match the WH word on the left with the corresponding concept it is used for on the right:
WH word Concept
1. When a. time
2. Why b. objects
3. Who c. reason
4. Where d. people
A) [1-e] [2-c] [3-d] [4-a] B) [1-a] [2-c] [3-d] [4-e] C) [1-a] [2-d] [3-c] [4-b] D) [1-e] [2-b] [3-c] [4-a].
2) The following digital presentation shows a clothing line for sale.
Choose the list that includes only names of clothing shown in the presentation A) shoes, pants, coat, dress B) gloves, boots, scarf, coat C) boots, pants, jacket, skirt D) gloves, hat, heels, scarf.
3) Complete the sentences with the most logical verb in past:
1. Elena _______ to the movies last night.
2. David ______ very sad yesterday.
3. She ________ a new dress to the prom!
4. He ______ for 10 hours. He was tired. A) [1-traveled] [2-felt] [3-used] [4-slept] B) [1-traveled] [2-fell] [3-used] [4-dreamt] C) [1-went] [2-fell] [3-wore] [4-slept] D) [1-went] [2-felt] [3-wore] [4-slept].
4) Match the names of these health problems on the left to their description on the right:
Health problems Description. When...
1. fever a. you feel pain in your throat
2. earache b. something appears in your skin
3. sore throat c. you have a runny nose and sneeze
4. rash d. your temperature is too high
e. you feel pain in your ear
A) [1-b] [2-a] [3-e] [4-d] B) [1-d] [2-e] [3-a] [4-b] C) [1-c] [2-e] [3-a] [4-b] D) [1-d] [2-a] [3-e] [4-c].
5) Select the list that includes only vocabulary of food shown in the next document A) peach, cream, rice, banana B) potatoes, beef, soda, milk C) cheese, beef, soda, milk D) cheese, bread, rice, banana.
6) Change the following sentence to present progresive:
We play a game at the stadium. A) We are playing a game at the stadium. B) We will be playing a game at the stadium. C) We were playing a game at the stadium. D) We are going to play a game at the stadium.
7) Choose a WH word that you can use to make a question about the information provided:
My mom made it.
He was born in Veracruz.
He's fine, thank you.
They are architects.
He was born 4 years ago. A) [1-who] [2-where] [3-how] [4-what] [5-when] B) [1-who] [2-when] [3-how] [4-what] [5-where] C) [1-how] [2-where] [3-who] [4-who] [5-when] D) [1-what] [2-when] [3-who] [4-how] [5-where].
8) Choose the comparative (COMP) or superlative (SUP) form for the following sentences:
1. She is the ___________ (SUP) girl of the class.
2. Angel is __________ (COMP) than his brother.
3. The prices in HEB are _______ (COMP) than the ones in Soriana.
4. Chocolate is the _________ (SUP) candy I know. A) [1-taller] [2-friendlier] [3-lower] [4-sweetest B) [1-taller] [2-more friendly] [3-lowest] [4-sweeter C) [1-tallest] [2-more friendly] [3-lower] [4-sweeter] D) [1-tallest] [2-friendlier] [3-lower] [4-sweetest.
9) Look at the four definitions from a website. Choose T (true) or F (false) according to what they say. A) [1-F] [2-F] [3-F] [4-T] B) [1-F] [2-T] [3-F] [4-F] C) [1-F] [2-F] [3-T] [4-F] D) [1-T] [2-F] [3-F] [4-F].
10) Complete the sentences with IN, ON or AT:
1. The show begins _____ 10 pm.
2. We have to leave _____ 15 minutes. Move!
3. Is your party _____ Saturday?
4. My birthday is _____ February A) [1-at] [2-in] [3-on] [4-in] B) [1-in] [2-at] [3-on] [4-in] C) [1-at] [2-in] [3-on] [4-on] D) [1-in] [2-on] [3-in] [4-in].
11) Complete the following paragraph with the prepositions IN, ON or AT:
My birthday party is _____ 2 weeks. I'm a little nervous because not everything is ready. The party is ______ Friday 14th, but my birthday is officially _______ Saturday. My friends say it should begin ______ 9 pm. A) [1-on] [2-in] [3-in] [4-on] B) [1-in] [2-on] [3-in] [4-at] C) [1-in] [2-on] [3-on] [4-at] D) [1-at] [2-in] [3-on] [4-on].
12) Choose either HOW MUCH or HOW MANY to complete the following sentences:
1. ___________ money do you need for the dinner?
2. ___________ people are there in your class?
3. ___________ sheep does the farmer have?
4. ___________ water is there in the bottle? A) [1-how much] [2-how many] [3-how many] [4-how much] B) [1-how many] [2-how much] [3-how much] [4-how many] C) [1-how many] [2-how much] [3-how many] [4-how many] D) [1-how much] [2-how many] [3-how much] [4-how much].
13) Select C for COUNTABLE nouns and U for UNCOUNTABLE nouns of the following list:
4. peac A) C, U, U, C B) U, C, C, U C) U, U, U, C D) C, U, U, U.
14) Complete the sentences using SOME or ANY:
1. For tonight's dinner we need ______ wine.
2. There isn't ______ milk in the fridge.
3. Do you need ______ vegetables from the supermarket?
4. I'm going to eat ______ snacks. I'm very hungry! A) [1-some] [2-any] [3-some] [4-any] B) [1-any] [2-some] [3-any] [4-some] C) [1-any] [2-some] [3-some] [4-any] D) [1-some] [2-any] [3-any] [4-some].
15) Choose the WH word that you can use in a logical question for the answers provided:
Christopher Colombus discovered it.
The World War II ended in 1945.
The earthquake of 1985 happened in Mexico City. A) [1-who] [2-when] [3-where] B) [1-how] [2-when] [3-when] C) [1-who] [2-what] [3-where] D) [1-how] [2-what] [3-when].
16) Choose A, AN, SOME or ANY to complete the following sentences:
1. I have ______ letters to send in the post office.
2. There aren't ____ people in your house right now.
3. She needs to buy _____ cake for her mom's birthday.
4. There's _____ new airport in the city. A) [1-any] [2-some] [3-a] [4-an] B) [1-any] [2-some] [3-an] [4-a] C) [1-some] [2-any] [3-a] [4-an] D) [1-some] [2-any] [3-a] [4-a].
17) Choose the correct object pronoun to complete the sentences, the first one is provided:
1. I love you. You love ____.
2. She called him. He called ____.
3. They wrote to us. We wrote to _____.
4. We saw her. She saw ____.
A) [1-me] [2-she] [3-their] [4-us] B) [1-my] [2-her] [3-they] [4-our] C) [1-my] [2-she] [3-their] [4-our] D) [1-me] [2-her] [3-them] [4-us].
18) Choose the regular and irregular verbs in past that complete the paragraph:
Silvia ________ (buy) a present for her nephew yesterday. She went to the mall because she _______ (think) about different options. There ______ (be) a little problem, she ______ (wait) 30 minutes in line at the cashier but she ________ (forget) the money at home!! A) [1-bought] [2-touched] [3-were] [4-wait] [5-forgot] B) [1-buy] [2-taught] [3-was] [4-wait] [5-forgotten] C) [1-buy] [2-taught] [3-was] [4-waited] [5-forgotten D) [1-bought] [2-thought] [3-was] [4-waited] [5-forgot].
19) Make a sentences in past progressive with the words in parenthesis and WHILE:
Sara (bake a cake), Dani and Luis (buy plates). A) Sara was baking a cake while Dani and Luis were buying plates. B) Sara is going to bake a cake while Dani and Luis were buying plates. C) Sara will be baking a cake while Dani and Luis will be buying plates D) Sara is baking a cake while Dani and Luis are buying plates.
20) Mark the sentences as C (CORRECT) or I (INCORRECT), based on the position of the frequency adverb before or after the verb:
1. Carlos is sometimes late.
2. My mother goes frequently to the beach.
3. We usually watch TV at night.
4. He never is going to change A) [1-I] [2-I] [3-C] [4-C] B) [1-C] [2-I] [3-C] [4-I] C) [1-I] [2-C] [3-I] [4-C] D) [1-C] [2-C] [3-I] [4-I].
21) Complete the sentences with an object pronoun according to the context:
1. The kids are very bored. I will take _______ to the park.
2. My dog doesn't like this food. I won't buy ______ again.
3. Cristina doesn't love Samuel. She wants to divorce ____.
4. Sandra is visiting her grandma. She really cares for ____. A) [1-them] [2-them] [3-him] [4-she B) [1-they] [2-him] [3-he] [4-her] C) [1-them] [2-it] [3-him] [4-her] D) [1-they] [2-it] [3-he] [4-she].
22) Identify the sentence that is in simple future: A) She will cook a special dish tonight. B) She is going to cook a special dish tonight. C) She will be cooking a special dish tonight. D) She was cooking a special dish tonight.
23) Change the following sentence in idiomatic future to interrogative affirmative:
They're going to travel next month. A) Are they traveling next month? B) Will they travel next month? C) Are they going to travel next month? D) Aren't they going to travel next month?.
24) Choose either WILL or GOING TO to complete these sentences, remember to identify if it expresses a sudden decision or plans:
1. It's 3 o'clock?! It's really late! I ______ take the bus to work!.
2. My family and I _________ travel next summer.
3. I think it ______ rain next week A) [1-am going to] [2-am going to] [3-will] B) [1-will] [2-will] [3-is going to] C) [1-will] [2-are going to] [3-will] D) [1-am going to] [2-will] [3-is going to].
25) Choose the list that includes only professions vocabulary that is applicable to both female and male: A) actor, hairdresser, driver, cashier B) policeman, nurse, director, waitress C) clerk, actress, chef, stewardess D) typist, waiter, secretary, president.
26) Match the careers on the left with their corresponding definitions on the right:
a. designs buildings.
b. has knowledge to treat animals.
c. has training in the study of numbers.
d. studies humans, plants and the environment.
e. designs and maintains machines and structures A) [1-d] [2-b] [3-a] [4-e] B) [1-b] [2-d] [3-c] [4-e] C) [1-b] [2-d] [3-e] [4-a] D) [1-d] [2-b] [3-e] [4-a].
27) Determine if the following sentences using WOULD are gramatically CORRECT (C) or INCORRECT (I):
1. She would love to go to the movies.
2. They would are afraid if they were alone at night.
3. Would you like some coffee?
4. They think they don't would like to buy a new hous A) [1-C] [2-I ] [3-I ] [4-C] B) [1-I ] [2-C] [3-C] [4-I ] C) [1-C] [2-I ] [3-C] [4-I ] D) [1-I ] [2-C] [3-I ] [4-C].
28) Which of the following lists includes only expressions regarding a life project for the future? A) in two years, my studies, my dreams, a career B) in ten years, my health, as a baby, college C) as a child, my health, my dreams, last month D) my beliefs, my old habits, my studies, a career.
29) Choose a verb for the sentence:
“The Gomez family members ____ dinner together every night.” A) drink B) eat C) wash D) take.
30) Complete the conversation using the modal auxiliary would.
You are on a bus. You have a seat but an elderly man is standing. You offer him your seat.
Man: Oh, that's very kind of you. Thank you very much. A) Would you like to sit down? B) Will you sit down? C) Do you like to sit down? D) Sit down old man!.
31) Choose a connector for the sentence.
“ ____ I played soccer, everybody was shouting.” A) When B) Last C) While D) Then.
32) Choose a verb for the sentence.
“Susan and Peter ___ very early.” A) drink B) wake up C) look up D) cook.
33) Choose the correct connector for the next sentence:
I was studying ______ Mom was making dinner. A) what B) why C) while D) when.
34) Choose a logical word to complete the sentence.
“Was he seriously injured ____ he died? " A) what B) why C) while D) when.
35) Choose a connector for the sentence.
“I was driving to work ____ she read the newspaper.” A) when B) then C) while D) last.
36) Choose a connector for the sentence.
“_______ he was singing along to the music on the radio, he took a shower.” A) While B) When C) Last D) Then.
37) Choose a verb for the sentence.
“Peter ____ TV in the evening “ A) watching B) watched C) watch D) watches.
38) Complete the question: “Will you please call me up when you ___ there? A) would arrive B) arrive C) will arrive D) arrives.
39) Complete the next sentence with the correct form of the verb “to talk”:
“In earlier, more violent times, one could never be certain of a stranger's intentions; however, if each person grasped the other's hand and held it while we _______, both could feel reasonably secure because most men held their weapons in the right hands.” A) to talk B) talking C) take D) were talking.
40) You're invited to a wedding and the invitation says: "After the ceremony, there's a reception with family and friends”.
You understand that: A) Relatives and friends will get together a day after the wedding. B) There will be a reception after the end of the ceremony. C) There will be a reception before the end of the ceremony. D) Relatives and friends will get together a day before the wedding.
41) In the next sentence, identify the type of verb, not the tense.
The girl lives in Mexico. A) Perfect B) Regular C) Irregular D) Progressive.
42) In the next sentence, identify the type of verb, not the tense.
I work in a school on weekdays. A) Irregular B) Perfect C) Progressive D) Regular.
43) In the next sentence, identify the verb type, not the tense.
I go to the football game every Sunday. A) Irregular B) Participle C) Regular D) Perfect.
44) In the next sentence, identify the verb type, not the tense of conjugation.
I see movies every Saturday with my friends. A) Present B) Regular C) Irregular D) Perfect.
45) Complete the next question with the correct words:
“____ Mr. Calderon _____ Mexico at the present?”. A) Do / rules B) Does / rule C) Do / rule D) Does / rules.
46) What is the tense for each sentence?
The British Trevor Baylis invented in 1996 a wind-up radio.
It doesn't need electricity or batteries.
You wind it up by hand.
He got the idea for the radio while he was watching TV. A) Past, present, present, past, past progressive B) Past, present, past, present, past progressive. C) Past, present, present simple, past progressive. D) Past, past simple, present, past progressive.
47) Why do we use the verb in past form only in affirmative sentences A) The auxiliary verb did expresses past time and is used in the negative and interrogative form. B) The past is not possible with some specific verbs. C) In other forms the past is indicated by the auxiliary "do". D) Because it´s easier to understand it in affirmative.
48) Is it possible to distinguish irregular and regular verbs in a sentence in present? Why? A) No, because the verb in present has no indication of its conjugation. B) Yes, you can do it if you analyze its ending or the "s". C) It´s always possible if the auxiliary used is analized. D) Sometimes it´s possible, sometimes it´s impossible.
49) Is it possible to distinguish in the third person if the verb is regular or irregular? A) It´s possible if you observe the auxiliary of the sentence B) It´s impossible to distinguish them, no matter what the form is. C) It´s possible to distinguish them only in the first person. D) It´s possible to do it only if it´s affirmative or negative.
50) Look at this poster:
What is the purpose of the poster A) The store sells jewels at a lower price this week. B) The store only sells cheap jewels now. C) The store only sells expensive jewels. D) The store only sells jewels this week.
51) Rewrite the sentence using plural nouns and change the number 1 for 100.
"There is one mouse in the kitchen." A) There are one hundred mouse in the kitchen B) There are one hundred mice in the kitchen. C) There is one hundred mouse in the kitchen. D) There is one hundred mice in the kitchen.
52) Complete the following sentence with the correct verb form.
“We planted an apple-tree in the backyard; unfortunately it _____. A) has died B) were dying C) had died D) died.
53) We call them regular verbs because the past tense of each is formed by adding "ed" to the end of the verb.
But some verbs have many different ways of forming the past tense, because there is no regular pattern, these verbs are kown as irregular verbs.
Change to past tense the following verbs:
choose, weep, like, beat, drive, fly A) chose, wept, liked, beat, drove, flew. B) chose, wept, liked, beated, drived, flew. C) choose, weped, liked, beat, drove, flew. D) chose, weped, liked, beated, drived, flyed.
54) Choose a logical verb with the correct form of the verb to be for the sentence in future.
“ I ____ hot chips.” A) am going eating B) am going to eat C) are going to eating D) am eating.
55) Choose a logical verb with the correct form of the verb to be for the sentence in past progressive.
“I ___ at the party.” A) are dancing B) were eating C) was dancing D) is looking.
56) Choose a logical verb with the correct form of the verb to be for the sentence in past progressive.
“ It ____ last winter.” A) is raining B) are singing C) was snowing D) were coughing.
57) The sentence “I'm working right now." A) Temporary present, even though it´s not happening at the moment. B) Some plans for the future, with the structure of present continuous C) A habit that you repeat everyday and at he same time. D) Something that happens at the same time you´re talking.
58) Choose the gramatically correct negative form of the following sentence:
“I'm taking care of Mary's pet.” A) “I'm not taking care of Mary's pet.” B) “I don't taking care of Mary's pet.” C) “I not taking care of Mary's pet.” D) “I'm not take care of Mary's pet.”.
59) Complete the next sentence using the correct tense and form of the verb:
“When you rang me yesterday, I ____ _____ a shower.” A) were taking B) was taken C) was taking D) have taken.
60) Complete the following question:
“______ were you born?”
I was born in 1980. A) What B) Where C) Which D) When.
61) The expressions and words below aren´t in order. Choose 5 of them and indicate the sequence they must follow to create a logical and complete sentence in present progressive.
1. the radio
2. listen to
3. When you are
4. hear his voice
5. listening to
6. you can
7. you A) 7 → 2 → 1 → 6 → 4 D) 3 → 5 → 1 → 6 → 4.
62) Indicate if the following sentences are in simple present (S) or present progressive (P):
1. He reads the newspaper at mornings.
2. I'm speaking English to you because you want to practice it.
3. They speak Italian and Chinese every day. C) 1-P, 2-P, 3-S B) 1-S, 2-P, 3-S.
63) Read this sentence: Mary works.
Change it to present progressive in the next forms:
3. Interrogative A) 1- Mary does work, 2- Mary doesn't work, 3- Does Mary work? C) 1- Mary is working, 2- Mary is not working, 3- Is Mary working?.
C) 1- Mary is working, 2- Mary is not working, 3- Is Mary working?
What are they doing? A) They won´t dance. D) They are dancing.
65) Which sentences are in simple present?
1. My brother is playing the guitar at the moment.
2. I often write poems to my wife.
3. Your parents are walking to the classroom now.
4. Jose is taking his grandparents to his house in this moment.
5. The sun barely shines with this weather. B) 2,5 C) 1, 3, 4.
66) What is the correct answer for the following question?
"Who is playing soccer?" A) At five P.M. B) Tomás Roca.
67) Decide which answer matches each question.
1. How many servings of fruit do you eat each day?
2. How much junk food do you eat?
3. How often do you exercise or play a sport per day?
a. Very little.
b. Two or more.
c. A lot of it.
e. Weekly A) [1-a] [2-c,b] [3-e] C) [1-b] [2-a,c] [3-e].
68) Choose the correct verb conjugation for the sentence in past continuous.
“ They ______ football at school." A) were playing D) is playing.
69) Choose a correct verb conjugation for the sentence in past continuous.
“ We ____ in a small town.” A) were living B) is living.
70) Choose the correct verb conjugation for the sentence in past continuous.
“My parents ___ for me.” A) are waiting B) were waiting.
71) What's the gramatically correct answer to the following question?
"What were you doing yesterday at 3 PM?" A) I did not work on my PC. B) I was working on my PC.
72) Past progressive indicates: B) A finished or completed action in the past at a specific time. C) An action in progress in the past at a specific time.
73) What's the correct and logical question for this answer?
"She's writing a poem on the blackboard A) What is she doing? B) Where is she?.
74) What's the correct and logical question for this answer?
"Beto is presenting his findings to Andres A) What is Beto doing? B) Where did Beto go?.
75) Read the following sentence:
"Every word on that page is working hard to highlight your talents and skills."
Now, change it to the gramatically correct interrogative form asking "why?" A) Why every word on that page working hard to highlight your talents and skills? B) Why is every word on that page working hard to highlight your talents and skills?.
76) Relate the tenses on the left to their corresponding questions on the right.
1. Simple Present
2. Present continuous
a. What are you doing?
b. What do you do?
c. Where is Mexico playing?
d. Is your sister at school?
e. Is Rafael working in the office, now? A) [1-a,b,d] [2-c,e] B) [1-b,d] [2-a,c,e].
77) Which questions are logical and gramatically correct?
1. What do you do?
2. What is Lorenzo playing?
3. Why are Rebeca watching TV?
4. Are Sergio a doctor?
5. What are you doing? A) 3, 5 C) 1, 2, 5.
78) Which sentence is gramatically correct? A) Why Mexican families are changing? B) What are one important change in American families?.
79) Complete the conversation using the correct form of the verbs for past progressive. Use the verbs in parenthesis.
Lupe: I’m afraid I’ve broken the pot for the mole.
Pedro: Oh no! What 1_____________ (do)?
Lupe: I 2 __________ (take) it into the dinning room.
I bumped into Chayo. She 3____________ (come) out just as
I 4_________ (go) in. A) 1- are you doing 2- am taking 3- is coming 4- am going B) 1- were you doing 2- was taking 3- was coming 4- was going.
80) Order 6 of the following numbers to make a coherent sentence.
1. potato chips
2. the saltiest
8. ? B) 7 → 1 → 3 → 2 → 5 → 4 C) 3 → 4 → 1 → 2 → 5 → 8.
81) If you want to remember the things that you experienced as a kid, which of the following phrases would correspond to that purpose?
1. I live in a house with a garden full of plants.
2. On my first birthdays I was afraid of clowns.
3. When I see pictures from my childhood I feel nostalgic.
4. I still see some of my schoolmates from elementary school.
5. My best friend lives two houses down the block from me. B) 5, 4, 3 C) 2, 3, 4.
82) Choose a superlative adjective for the sentence.
“China's population is ____ of all the countries A) the largest B) small.
83) Choose a comparative adjective for the sentence.
“ Sandy's hair is _____ Nancy's.” B) tallest C) longer than.
84) Match the comparative and superlative on the left with the sentences in the column on the right.
Comparative or superlative Sentences
2. the largest
a. Which state is _________, Chihuahua or Zacatecas?
b. Michoacan is ________ than Hidalgo.
c. Which city has the ________ population: Guadalajara, Mexico City or Monterrey?
d. Mexico City has ________ population of the country. C) [1-a,b] [2-c,d] D) [1-c,b] [2-a,d].
85) Choose a comparative adjective for the sentence.
“ My brother is ____ me" A) older than B) fat.
86) Choose a superlative adjective for the sentence.
“ Have you seen ____ man in the world?” A) heavier C) the tallest.
87) The following sentence:
“Mi automóvil corre más rápido que el tuyo”, would be translated to English as: A) My car runs faster than yours. B) My car run more faster than you.
88) Choose the statement that uses the correct superlative form of "expensive" based on the prices of the following items.
Sunglasses “a” cost $65.
Sunglasses “b” cost $50.
Sunglasses “c” cost $80. A) Sunglasses “c” are most expensivest. B) Sunglasses “c” are the most expensive.
89) Choose the correct answer according to the picture below.
Which is the nearest mainland neighbor? A) Russia B) South Korea.
90) Match the correct type of adjective on the left with the sentences on the right.
a. Which city is bigger, San Luis Potosi or Zacatecas?
b. The views in Guadalajara are more beautiful than in México City.
c. Merida is the most beautiful city in Mexico.
d. Canada has the longest coastline of any country on earth B) [1-a,c] [2-b,d] C) [1-c,d] [2-a,b].
91) Choose the correct form of the adjective in parenthesis for each of the following sentences.
1. "This is (cheap, cheaper, cheapest) than that one", said the seller.
2. Today there are (nice, nicer, nicest) people than yesterday.
3. Sorry, teacher, could you tell me who the (smarter, smartest, most smart) pupil in your class is?
4. There is no doubt about it. She is the (better, best, more good). A) 1-cheaper / 2-nicer / 3-smartest / 4-best. B) 1-cheapest / 2-nice / 3- most smart / 4-best.
92) Form the correct plural form of the following word: Child A) Childrens B) Children.
93) Choose the correct plural noun for the following sentence.
“ As we get older,so do our ____ !” A) tooth C) teeth.
94) Choose the correct plural noun for the following sentence.
“With this cold weather, my ___ are frozen.” A) foots C) feet.
95) Form the correct plural form of the following word: Mouse A) Mous B) Mice.
96) Choose the correct plural noun for the following sentence.
“The Sánchez have eight _____.” A) child D) children.
97) Choose the sentences that use the plural noun correctly.
1. My dog has three foots.
2. Three mans work hard.
3. These children are nice.
4. I have some mice in my house.
5. My father has a lot of moneys A) 1, 2 B) 3, 4.
98) Determine which of the following sentences use the correct quantifier.
1. We bought many butter.
2. People should drink a lot of water.
3. You need many luck to win the lottery.
4. The postman delivered much mail today.
5. I have a lot of work to do. D) 1, 3, 5 B) 2, 5.
99) Why is the following sentence incorrect?:
“Too much mouses threatens public health” A) Because "...may mouses threaten..." should be used in order to have coherence with the interrogative, the plural and the verb C) Because the plural of "mouse" is "mice". The verb is not used in the correct form. We don´t use "much" with countable nouns.
100) Change the following singular nouns to plural nouns.
The shepherd saw his watch and ran after his sheep in order to escape from the fox.
The __________ saw ___________ and ran after _________ in order to escape from the ________. B) shepherd his watches their sheeps foxs C) shepherds their watches their sheep foxes.
101) The plural of "deer" is: B) door C) deers.
Rewrite the following sentence using plural nouns and change the number 1 to the number 100.
"In the farm we have 1 goose." A) In the farm we have one hundred gesse. B) In the farm we have one hundred gooses.
103) Indicate whether the shaded words in the following text are correct "C" or incorrect "I".
The bed is five feet long. Its width are six foots. It's good enough for the children. My two childs will be very comfortable on it. B) I - I - I - C - I C) C - I - I - C - I.
104) Which of the following sentences use the plural nouns correctly?
1. Thieves are bad people
2. These womans are pretty.
3. Who are those mans?
4. There are many people at school.
5. Ricardo likes to play with dies. A) 3, 5 B) 1, 4.
105) What is the difference between countable and uncountable nouns? A) There is no difference between the forms. We can use both depending on the context. B) Countable nouns have a plural form and the uncountable nouns can't be used in plural form.
106) Indicate which of the following words in the sentence is an uncountable noun:
The school has 5 backyards, 3 slides and 2 bookstores. A) Slides C) None.
107) Complete the following word using the correct quantity expression. (much, many, some or any).
1. How ____ sugar do you like in your coffee?
2. How _____ people were there at the America-Chivas football game?
3. Sorry, I need _____ help.
4. I can't see ____ pencils on the desk. C) many many some any D) much many some any.
108) Choose the correct words to complete the following sentence:
Javier has ______ books on his desk, but Sandra doesn`t have _____ books on her desk. C) much many D) some any.
109) Indicate which of the following words is an uncountable noun:
noise, street, star, bottle B) Bottle C) Noise.
110) Choose the correct preposition ( at, on, in or after) for the sentence:
Hidalgo was born _____________Guanajuato ____________________1753 B) in - in C) on - in.
111) Use the correct preposition of time in the following sentence.
The post office closes ________________ 5:00 pm. A) in D) at.
112) Complete the next paragraph with the correct time expressions given in parenthesis.
Write the answer following the sequence of the numbers. “We traveled1 _____ (on-it-at) Friday. We got to the airport2 _____ (on-in-at) time to have a coffee before checking in, 3 ____ (on-in-at) the airline's counter. Fortunately, the plane took off4 ________ (on-in-at) time. A) at on in on B) on on at on.
113) In the next sentence, do you need any of these prepositions : “in”-“on” or “at”? or nothing?
“All our relatives came for a celebration ____ last Christmas A) nothing C) in.
114) Choose the correct expressions "in-at-on" to complete the sentences:
1. “My mother's birthday is ____ April.”
2. “I always get up early ___ Friday mornings”.
3. “Please, try to be home ___ lunch time A) 1-in / 2-on / 3-at C) 1-on / 2-in / 3-at.
115) Match the time expressions on the left with the sentences on the right. Choose X if the sentence does not need a time expression.
Time expressions Sentences.
a. They arrived ___ three o'clock in the afternoon.
b. Maradona was born ______ the 3rd of February.
c. My children got up ______ Sunday morning.
d. I went to Saltillo _______ age five.
e. My daughter moved to La Paz_____ last year A) [1-a,d] [2-b,c] [X-e] C) [1-d] [2-a,c,e] [X-b].
116) This expression of time is used for a precise time. A) next B) at.
117) In this sentences you use ______ as time expression.
1. I get up ____ 7:00 A.M.
2. I get home late ____night.
3. My teacher usually drives home _____ noon. B) on C)at.
118) In which of these sentences are the time expressions used correctly?
1. My daughter will go at the park at noon.
2. She es going to study next week.
3. I see you later.
4. They in a while go C) 1, 3, 4 D) 2, 3, 4.
119) Match the correct grammar preposition of time. Prepositions may repeat.
Example Preposition of time
1. ___ February 14th, is Valentine's day.
2. ___ half past three, i'm going to the cinema.
3. ___ June, I will do it.
c. on A) [1-b] [2-c] [3-b] C) [1-c] [2-a] [3-b].
120) Use an appropriate preposition for the following sentence:
"My birthday is __________ May." A) at B) in.
121) Choose an appropriate preposition for the following sentence:
"Mary has classes _______________ the afternoon." A) at C) in.
122) Use an appropriate preposition for the following sentence:
"I was born ______________ 1990 A) on C) in.
123) Use “for” o “since” to complete the next sentence:
I've been studying hard _____ six months. I'm taking an English course at the UNAM _____ March. A) for for B) since > since.
124) Order the following words to make a coherent sentence.
8. ? B) 7 → 3 → 5 → → 6 → 2 → 1 → 8 C) 4 → 2 → 6 → 1 → 7 → 3 → 5 → 8.
125) Complete the next sentence with the correct object pronoun:
“I love Mary, I've just bought a nice bunch of flowers for_____.” A) she C) him.
126) Mayra has to do some homework about "subject pronouns" and "object pronouns". Instead of consulting a book Mayra decided to check a forum on a website called "MiTarea . com". After asking her questions she got several answers she has to analyze before she can take one as correct.
This is the dialogue
Who gave the right answer? C) Miguel D) Ismy.
127) Mark the following sentences as correct C, or if they have errors E.
1. María Felix was an actress. Everybody knows about she.
2. Jane was aware that something special occurred to him.
3. My brother and me left earlier than usual. A) [1-E] [2-C] [3-E B) [1-C] [2-E] [3-E].
128) Complete the following sentence with the corresponding pronoun.
Laura saw _______ (her friends) last week. C) her D) them.
129) Identify the object pronouns (me, you, him, her, it, us , you, them)
Which object form of the personal pronoun can substitute the underlined phrase in the sentence?
The boys are riding their bicycles. A) It D) them.
130) Which object pronoun can substitute the underlined phrase in the sentence?
Can you tell the people the way to the train station A) them C) him.
131) Which object pronoun can substitute the underlined phrase in the sentence?
Can you help my sister and me to finish the homework, please? A) Her C) Us.
132) Explain if the object pronoun in the following sentence is correct or not:
“People all over the world are claiming for a lot more freedom of expression for it” A) It's totally correct. "People" is singular, so the object pronoun is “it”. B) It's incorrect. "People" is plural, and the correct object pronoun is “them”.
133) Read the text and complete it with the correct pronouns :
1. He came to church with ____ (her/she), as ____ (him/he) always did.
2. ____ (her/she) took the precaution to place ____ (him/he) next to her. her he she him D) she he she him.
134) Indicate the correct sequence of the numbers in order to complete a coherent sentence:
2. didn't love
4. everyday, but
6. wrote a letter to
7. she B) 5 → 6 → 7 → 4 → 3 → 2 → 1 C) 3 → 6 → 7 → 4 → 1 → 2 → 5.
135) Choose whether the underlined word in the sentence is a subject pronoun, object pronoun, possessive pronoun or predicate nominative.
María and Tomás helped us. A) Object pronoun B) Possessive pronoun.
136) What's the correct question to get this underlined answer?:
I went to the movies yesterday B) How did you go yesterday C) When did you go to the movies?.